At Blue Sky Sessions, we are passionate about supporting our local community by exercising our skills and expertise. Last year, Matt Biolette, head of client relations at Chef Container, brought us this great opportunity to do just that.
Matt had partnered with Grand Valley State University, Herman Miller, Holland Litho, The City of Holland, and several other organizations to hold an event at Grand Valley in an effort to promote recycling and sustainability as a part of America Recycles Day, and Matt asked us to play a role in their effort by building a simple website.
The group is hoping to make their event an annual affair, so the website was desired to not only serve as an informational source during the event itself, but also as a knowledge-base for recycling and sustainability throughout the year.
Even though the timeline was short, we decided to tackle the project, and were quite happy with the outcome.
Some highlights of our work:
- Responsive template for mobile-friendly presentation
- User-friendly content management, powered by WordPress
- ‘Hipster logo’ – to create a strong brand, of course
- 120 Second Sustainability video showcase – featuring project partners discussing their sustainability efforts
- ‘Take the Pledge’ form to collect info for a recycling / sustainability newsletter
- WordPress CMS
- Logo Design
- Video Gallery
- Custom Form